A warm welcome to the Ooh La La Challenge Blog. A new challenge will be posted here every other Monday. We hope you will join us whenever possible.

Anyone can join in, all you have to do is follow the theme then showcase your project on our blog. We love to see you using OLL images and/or papers but it's not necessary to enter. If you'd like to try some OLL designs click on the link to the shop on the sidebar as there are some fantastic freebies for you there.

Please post your project on your blog with a link to our challenge, most importantly HAVE FUN!

2 February 2015

Challenge #173

Hello again everyone and Happy Monday to you all.
 ____________________________________________________________

Top 3
Challenge #172 Once Upon A Time
chosen by Allison

#1 - Craft Shopper

Not only is this a stunning design, with a really appropriate quotation. The instructions for making the project were really clear and the reason it was created in the first place really fitted the challenge - anything that encourages the use of libraries in schools has got to be a winner. I hope this wonderful canvas has the desired effect.

Congratulations Vikki!
Please email Wendi at wenem@ooh-la-la-creations.com with your choice of
2 digi downloads from the shop

#2 - Cheiro Urgia

As soon as I looked at the card I could see the swans within the beautifully embroidered heart. So it comes as no surprise that the inspiration for this elegant card was the story of Swan Lake.

#3 - Jeni McRonald

I just love the subtle colours of the background behind the bold silhouettes. 

Congratulations girls.  
Please don't forget to pick your badge up from the side bar.
____________________________________________________________

Challenge #173
Love
___________________________________________________________

DT Inspiration
Remember, if you want a closer look at any of the designs, click on the name above the card and it will take you straight to their personal blog.  Have a look around when you're there, as all our DT Members produce spectacular work, and they'd be thrilled if you leave a little love!


February Guest Designer - Anita

I was born and still live in Torquay on the south coast of Devon.  I love it here and can't imagine ever living away from the sea.  I've always been creative and many years ago I caught the cross-stitch bug.  But it was in about 2005 when I purchased a cardmaking starter kit that I discovered my love for papercraft, particularly cardmaking. 

Since following a few blogs I have become inspired to concentrate more on stamping and die-cutting, and I also treated myself to a Sizzix Big Shot machine, but I still have a few card kits and other old bits and bobs in my stash which I can't justify throwing away.  I consider these a bit of a cheat when it comes to cardmaking as they don't really allow you to show of your own style but they are always handy to have if you need to make a card in a hurry.

My other half loves his footie so while he's got that occupying his time I don't feel guilty about using this as my escapism!


Allison

Lynn

  


Michelle


Have fun!


   

    An InLinkz Link-up
   

7 comments:

cheiro urgia said...

Thank you so much for choosing my card as one of the top 3!
Also, you prepared some wonderful inspiration for the "Love" challenge. Can't wait to play along :)

Hugs,
Veronika

Sandra H said...

Beautiful cards and well done winners x

craftyteacher (Vikki) said...

Super excited to have won- thank you! It looks pretty fab in the library too!

CG said...

Thank you for the fun challenge & gorgeous DT inspiration! Best, CG

Bunny said...

Great creations from the DT. Thank you for the challenge.

CraftyGirl said...

Thanks for the challenge and inspiration! :-)

TTFN,

CraftyGirl
craftygirlcardsandcrafts.blogspot.com

Karon said...

Love the DT creations. TFS