A warm welcome to the Ooh La La Challenge Blog. A new challenge will be posted here every other Monday. We hope you will join us whenever possible.

Anyone can join in, all you have to do is follow the theme then showcase your project on our blog. We love to see you using OLL images and/or papers but it's not necessary to enter. If you'd like to try some OLL designs click on the link to the shop on the sidebar as there are some fantastic freebies for you there.

Please post your project on your blog with a link to our challenge, most importantly HAVE FUN!

11 July 2011

Challenge #84

Welcome challengers!  There's lots to tell you this time so pull up a chair and sit down!  Firstly thanks to everyone who joined in our last challenge of Summer Flowers.  It proved a popular theme and there were so many wonderful designs.
______________________________

Our New DT Members

A huge Ooh La La Creations welcome to our newest Design Team members who will be creating with us from 
July till December


My name is Wendy but I use Chilli Pip as a crafting name because of my love for chillies and have a chilli logo on the back of all my cards.  I recently moved to the small village of Sedgefield in South Africa and fall asleep to the sound of crashing waves.  My new craft room is slowly taking shape thanks to hubby Dave's DIY skills and I am sure I will spend many happy hours crafting.  I started making cards a couple of years ago and shortly after discovered a challenge blog and another and another and I was hooked.  
I am amazed and inspired by the beautiful cards and new techniques and often very envious of all the tools of the trade which are available to the overseas gals and those living in the big towns.  

I love challenges and am always drawn to those where you can feel warmth and friendliness among its DT members which how I found OLLCB .

My name is Lisbeth and I turn 50 this month.  I live in the south of Norway.  I am married and have a daughter.  I also have a lovely little grandson who is 3 years old this summer.  I've been stamping and making cards for almost 4 years now.  I started with scrapbooking but now I just make cards.  I'm very fond of sweet images, layers of beautiful papers, tings you can never to get too much of.  I love to look around on other blogs, there are so many great cardmakers out there, and this gives me a lot of ideas for my cards.  I am so looking forward to being part of this challenge blog, and happy to be creating with such wonderful talented ladies.


I began cardmaking in sping 2008 when a friend suggested I started selling cross stitch cards that I used to make for close friends and family for special occasions.  I knew I couldn't make them fast enough to sell so I started buying embellishments and sticking them to card blanks!  Since then I have developed my skills more than I ever imagined and now I'm willing to try any technique going, make shaped or funky folded cards, or just try something different!  I sell my cards on a local market and still occasionally make a cross stitch card!
______________________________

Top 3
chosen by Anne


#1 - Ellie of My Creative Moments




Congratulations Ellie! Please email wenem@ooh-la-la-creations.com 
with your selection of 2 digi downloads from the shop

#2 - Silke of My Life


#3 - Jeanette of H20 Creations


Well done girls.  Don't forget to pick up your winners logo from the sidebar
______________________________


Ooh La La Creations new CD Carnival of Colour is up for grabs this time.  All challengers will be entered into Mr Linky and the person chosen will win this fabulous CD


______________________________

Challenge #84
Tag It!
______________________________

DT Inspiration

We have a wonderful new Guest Designer for July and August, welcome Paul.  I'm sure you'll love his designs as much as we do and it's great to have some creations from a male perspective.  Here's a little bit about Paul.

My name is Paul and I live in the wild west countryside of Wales.  Got into card making when I was teaching.  I was always on the lookout for new ideas for using in the classroom for Easter, Christmas, Mothers' Day etc.  I then started getting more and more into it.  I like playing with folds and creating 3D items.  Being a male crafter, I have a bold, simple style (I like the measuring and straight lines / angles aspect) and rarely go for flowery, lacy cards and projects. I like digital crafting as I feel I can do things the way I want them, as and when I want them - resizing, layering, printing off as much as I need.

Paul - GD July / August

 


Scrappy


Neus



Anne



Tracey



Doreen


Chilli Pip



Lisbeth


Lizy



Dawn



back of tag

4 comments:

Silke Ledlow said...

Hello ladies! Thank you for selecting my card in the top three...yeah! Have a wonderful summer! Hugs ~S~

Glenda Atkins said...

Awesome work by the DT's!! Thanks for opportunity to play and share!

Sylvia/LittleTreasures said...

Wow such variety by your DT. Congrats to the winners. Thanks for a fun challenge

Silke Ledlow said...

Hello again...thought I'd play along in your fun challenge. Your sample cards are all so beautiful and very inspirational! Looking forward to next week...hugs ~S~